Sunday, November 18, 2012

CH 16 INtegrated Marketing . Communication

CH 16 Integrated Marketing . Communication

Today I will talk about blogs on blog.

Sephora has both corporative and noncorporative blogs.
Well me personally one of the examples of noncorporate blog. I talk about Sephora and in  a way promote this company I have about 700 viewers of my blog for 2.5 months.
Here is another example of noncorporate blogs :

http://www.insiderpages.com/b/3710955441/sephora-anaheim



This is couple of customers feedbacks:"If I had a million dollars, I would spend a large chunk of it here. I always ask for Sephora gift cards for my birthday, and keep them until I really need someting. They have a great selection of hair products, and carry my favorite hair bands, that cost a fortune, but don't snag your hair. I use Clinique cosmetics, and if i don't feel like walking all the way to Rob-May, or macy's, I can usually find just what I need there, and the staff is very helpful."
February 09, 2005
 "I love sephora and you can ask anyone. They have everything involving make up that you could imagine. A little pricey but totally worth every cent. Very helpful staff."
April 23, 2005  Corporate blogs. They are like outlets for company employees or spokespeople to share information with the public. Although blogs are used to further a company’s communication goals, they are very different than company Web sites. Blogs do provide much of the same information distributed in company press releases or on company Web sites, but the discerning factors are the tone in which the information is presented and the fact that blogs encourage two-way dialogue. Check out Sephora’s “Beauty and the Blog” to see all of this in action: Sephora’s blog
This company blog directed at “beauty junkies”-women who are constantly testing out the newest products and who are in touch with the variety of beauty products on the market today. 
The style and tone of the blog make it seem like a girl talking to her friend. The blog provides a lot of information on the products sold at Sephora. Some posts inform readers of new product launches and provide links to the official Sephora's Web site for purchase information. Other posts inform about various Sephora's products and writers detail their experiences with the products-pictures of staff wearing the items typically accompany. The blog is topped off by guest entries and accounts of staff meetings with makeup artists.
Although it looks interesting, corporate blogging has its negative sides. One problem is that people could be very aware that the blog is a tool used for public relations. Although blogs appear a little more real their main purpose is to promote. Going through Sephora’s blog is fun-I’m one of many who enjoy checking out the latest fashion and makeup trends. However, I realize that what I'm reading is focused on pursuing me to go and get their products.

No comments:

Post a Comment